Question Custom made (only + and -) calculator type app.

Sacrive

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello there guys!
This is my first post here so I hope I meet the standarts of posting and describe my problem as detailed as I can.
First of all, I am playing a MMO game where item/gear improvement is possible and complex algorythms calculate the success rate of the improval. There is a number that is called sink which is used to determine the amount of power which is left over from a lost stat. Every stat has it's own value, capping at 101. It's practically impossible to +1 power stats more than ~70-80 though.
Well, let's get to the subject:

We, the players in game, use casual calculators to calculate the amount of sink, but that of course takes quite a lot of time, so I've come up with a solution, and I hope somebody can help me out with this :)

This is what I currently have designed in Visual Studio, and this is a rough design how everything should work/look like.

The user uses the plus and minus symbols to tell the software if it's an increase or a drop of sink and the number in the middle is basically the amount of sink that currently is available on the item that the player is improving.

I would like to know how this would be possible? Could someone give me an example on one of the "runes"? Or explain me for what tutorials to look for so I could make this possible?

All the help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks for taking your time!
Kind regards,
Sacrive ;)

Back