Question Cursor not selecting in middle of text for text box

cannorth

Programming Experience
10+
Hello,

I have a text box in a form that's within a panel of a main form. For some reason, if I type text in this text box and then click my cursor to the middle of the text, it just highlights the whole text and doesn't put the cursor in the right position. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

cannorth

If you have not done any coding for that textbox. It could be that your mouse is failing and is double-clicking (I just replace one that was doing just that) The reason I ask is that if you double-click on a filled textbox is will hilight the word the mouse is on. For a single text without spaces it would select the entire textbox.

It isn't the mouse because it isn't working on another computer with a different mouse. Double clicking doesn't seem to do anything.

Another computer using the same program / textbox? You really need to give some more specific information here.

For example. If I were to put this code in the mousedown event of TextBox1
VB.NET:
TextBox1.SelectAll()

then when I clicked anywhere in that textbox, the entire contents would be hilighted.

This is what is meant by If you have not done any coding for the textbox.

Also, I'm assuming this is happening in an application you are writing as this is a programming forum.

Troubleshooting mouse double clicking link didn't help me.

I'm not sure what other specific information is required. I'm not using any Select methods at all.

Thanks,

cannorth

Back