Crystal Reports XI Viewer Black Screen

budhac

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a wierd issue. I updated a VB Report Viewer from 9 to the latest XI version. Since updating I have been getting a black screen showing in the preview pane. The viewer is fully functional and all the data fields are there and if I print the report it prints just fine but when I am viewing it, the pane is solid black.

Another caveat on this, I run this program on a Win2k Server and get the black screen but when I run it on my Win2k3 server it is not an issue. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

I enclosed a screenshot to show what was happening.

Thanks

Attachments

• black screen crystal.jpg
    black screen crystal.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 47
Found out that it is a bug with Crystal Reports. There appears to be an issue with the ActiveX viewer returning a black screen when you have your screen resolution set to 256 colors which was my case when I would Terminal Serve into the Win2k server due to it lack of support beyond 256 in TS.

So hopefully this helps anyone looking for an answer.

Here is a link to Business Objects on the issue and the fix:

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=9814E7B8616041611FED79A48F9EA36C?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=c2018736&sliceId=&dialogID=360384&stateId=1%200%20356275

Back