Question crystal reports and oracle stored procedures

ganesh_vk

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

we're facing a problem when we try to add a oracle storedprocedure to our crystal report.

steps:
- create a oracle stored procedure (with package)
- using the crystal report designer in vs 2005, select the sp and add it using the field explorer.
- now the sp is added to the field explorer's database field list, when we try "verify database", we get the following message

table "packagename.spname" not found

and the selected fields got deleted.
this works fine when we choose db tables, we are facing problems only when the stored procedure is used.

Kindly help us with a solution. Thanks in Advance.

The additional problem due to this is, when we just continue using this, the db connection we made during the designing is still used in the run time. again this problem is only for sp and not when using the db tables.

Thank you,
Ganesh

as far as i can remember, it doesnt work with packages, only bare stored procedures not in a package..

I had so many problems getting crystal to pull data from the db directly; either the sqls i wrote were too complex, or they couldnt be made into a view, or crystal wouldnt work with packaged stored procedures..

in the end I gave up on crystal having any reasonable ability to get data from a database, and I treated it like the retard it is, downlaoded the data into a .net dataset myself and passed the dataset to the crystal to use as its datasource

It was also helpful because our marketing department like to preview and adjust report data, so having the ability to add and delete rows, and alter info in a datagridview was handy for them

Back