Resolved Crystal Report - Load report failed

Adagio

Programming Experience
Beginner
A few weeks ago Crystal Report started giving us a lot of trouble, after having run flawless for a long time, even though no changes has been made in the code

The error:

VB.NET:
Load report failed.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
   at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

This error only happens on our Citrix server, running Windows 2000

Two-Three weeks ago, Crystal Report started messing up on all machines (except those running Vista). All of the sudden we got an "Object reference not set..." exception during this line:
Dim report as new rptSomeCrystalReportDocument
The exception was thrown in Dispose of the document (why it was calling dispose, when I was creating the object is still unknown)

The solution was to uninstall the old Crystal Report and install "Crystal Report Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008" on the machines getting this problem. This solved the problem on all machines, except for the Citrix machine we have. I wonder if the problem is related to the lack of a C-drive

The .rpt files we're using are created inside our Vb.net project (and follows the installation of the project), so they are not located elsewhere
In my test-project the Crystal Report document is very basic, it's just some almost empty document (it only has a simple text-box with a bit of hardcoded text)

Anybody here who has any idea on what could be wrong?

Last edited:
After a long time I finally found the answer to the problem:

I needed to create a String Value in Regedit called ReportDirectoryPath with the value "M:\ in the same place where the is a String Value called ConnectionDirectoryPath

Back