Creating VB database applications using ADO control

elianeasmar

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello. Need your help.
I want to Create a database applications using ADO control.
But i can't access it from the toolbox. I searched to see how to view it in the toolbox. I found this:
""To be able to use ADO data control, you need to insert it into the toolbox. To do this, simply press Ctrl+T to open the components dialog box and select Microsoft ActiveX Data Control 6. After this, you can proceed to build your ADO-based VB database applications.""
But nothing happens when i press Ctrl+T.
I tried to add refrence.donno i it's right. i haven't found anything related to ADO control.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you :)

Why would you want to use that control in the first place? You're using VB.NET so use VB.NET. If you want to use VB6 then go and use VB6. You should be using ADO.NET for data access and you can then bind your data to a DataGridView or other controls via a BindingSource and use a BindingNavigator for navigation. There's no reason to use old VB6 rubbish.

Okay. I am new to vb.net, that's why i have weird questions
and i haven't worked vb6, thet's why i didn't know that it's from vb6.
Thank you for your help.

What is it that you think that that control does for you? If we know that then we can tell you exactly what you need to do to get the closest analogue in VB.NET. You won't necessarily get exactly the same and that would most likely be by design.

Untitled.png

someting for this. But if the ADO control is from vb 6 than i'll just use the dataset to get my data into the form.
and for the previous and next i'll use movenext and moveprevious..
Thanks again.

As I said, you can use a BindingNavigator for the navigation part. It's just a custom ToolStrip, so you can add and remove buttons and other items as required. You populate a DataTable, bind that to a BindingSource and bind that to your control(s). The BindingSource is associated with the BindingNavigator and then the buttons on the BindingNavigator are automatically wired-up to the MoveNext, MovePrevious, etc, members.

Back