Question Creating Telnet application in windows form

JosephGebran

Programming Experience
Beginner
Dear All,
I am new here i am not sure if this is the right place to post this ,
but i need help asap and urgently.
I have a windows form application written with VB.net that is working perfectly with the serial port of my laptop . i mean i am connecting my laptop with the RS232 link to an rc car controlled with a microcontroler and it is working.now i have to remove the serial connection and connect to the car via Wifi. for that, i bought a Wifi module and some1 configurated it for me to connect remotely.but the problem is, the byte i used to send to the microcontroler serially with VB has now to be written on Telnet. i have no idea how to add telnet commands to my code.
I did some research and found 2 things: ASOCKET and System.net.Sockets I am confused which one works. i saw some tutorial about ASOCKET. i added the code lines to my code, and when i run the programme, i get a message: unable to connect to HOST. i really have no clue what to do.
Please those who know how to help me, talk to me so i can show u my code.
Thank YOUUUUUUUU

building a telnet "CLI" from the ground up requires quite a little work, like most applications, here's a link to see what you would need to incorparate, format, commands ect.., you could use a Net.Sockets.TcpClient and build a wrap around with your protocol in their for the telnet Telnet Specifications

Back