Creating a tooltip

aaudi

Programming Experience
5-10
I am using VB.net 2005 to develop my system; I have used the code below to display the message, but then the code does not work. Can somebody help identify the problem.

Private Sub chktuk_MouseHover(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles chktuk.MouseHover
ToolTip1.SetToolTip(chktuk, "This is the message for display")

End Sub

thanks
aaudi

Why are you creating a tool tip like that. Simply drag it onto the form from the toolbox and specify which control you want to associate with it in the properties. You can also specify all the other attributes like the ammount of time to wait before displaying it, the text, and many other things to modify the appearance of the tooltip. If necessary you can changes these properties through code, but if you do not need to you can just do it this way. To find all of the properties and figure out what they do it is good to look at the properties in the design interface for a control.

The system I'm developing is meant for mobile PDA/Mobile device. In Desktop VB.Net there is event "Mousehover" which helps in displays a message. But in my VB.Net 2005 for mobile design there isn't such event therefore creating a tooltip is not possible.

Back