Create a list of records then to view that record

Lee123

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey guys.
I have been playing with VB6 for quite a few years now and I can normally get by ok on my own.
I finally made the move to VB.net, but I am totally lost.

I have started writing a program that is basically a planner. It helps the user organize and plan activities with a client.

I have created the ui and have added a BindingNavigator and it happily pulls in the records from my Access database which I can cycle through.

What I would like it to be able to do is, allow the user to see all the current records (maybe in a flexgrid), select which record he/she would like to view, then the entire record is populated into the ui.

I would have no problem in vb6 of course...but I could do with a little help in vb.net (2008).

My main problem is I think is, once the flexgrid is populated, how to create the event that allows the user to view and update that record once in the ui.

I hope that made sense.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think database programming is very much different in dot net from VB 5/6. You might be able to muddle your way thru snippets but you would wind up missing out on a lot of the advanced features ado.net provides. As Matt mentions above; I would suggest starting out with some tutorials and books to get a full overview of all the new functionality available.

Back