crazy design time control behaviour on tab control

ghardy

Programming Experience
10+
this is just wierd....

i have a splitter control on tab 2, a grid and a scheduler control on tab 3.....

looks fine...i save it....close the form...reopen the form, and the controls are all resized and moved around on me....and not for the better.

wierd thing is that when i run the app, the controls are placed properly, but design time is totally f&*ked up.

I know this one isn't me. is it the tab control? should i just do toggle buttons at the top and show/hide my own panels? this is just too freaky to deal with. is there an easy work around for this?

thx

ok

it has to do with the anchoring properties...

I noticed that it is resizing the controls (even in run mode)...so i have determined that no matter what size i set the controls to, it will reduce it by some factor, making all the controls on all the tabs (that are anchored) much smaller than the sizes i made them.

i then tried to re-order the tab pages. i re-placed the controls....looks fine. then i re-open the form again, and the controls are all shrunk to small wierd sizes again!!!!!

for example, some buttons i put on tab 2 now have a position of -1182, 75. negative 1182? what the hell is my form doing to me???

looks like the tab control needs some serious work!!!!! i also put a toolstrip on one of the tabs, and it keeps setting itself to not visible.

this is crazy. please help.

still, this is highly unexpected behaviour. what would cause the control to re-size its constituent controls?

Last edited:
Back