Question Converting Dynamic DNS in web service

ijustwant

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi

I have been programming VB over many years, but i'm not an experienced programmer. Now i have an issue that i need help to solve.

I have a GPRS modem that has support for dyndns.org dynamic DNS server. The thing is that i have about 7000 modems, and have set up my own DDNS server for this purpose. The thing is that the modems send this URL syntax, and that cannot be changed:

"http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=tommy.tommy.net&myip=44.66.88.99&wildcard=ON&mx=tommy.tommy.net&backmx=NO&offline=NO"

I have tried to make a WCF web service that reads the "hostname" and "myip" from the URL and that works fine. But it returns HTTP error 404 to the client because i think it cannot find the update file. And there is no update file. It seems to me that update is supposed to be a file without an file extension and that this is the problem maybe ?

If i set /nic as the virtual path, i can read the "hostname" and "myip" and use it in my application, but i need to send "good 44.66.88.99" back to the client(modem)

Does anyone have some ideas to this issue ?

BR
Tommy

update looks like a script to me, which it would then parse that info after it? So it's looking for say update.cgi update.php , but the web server would need to use no extensions as you mention?

so you could create a script called update, and actually just get the information from the script? Just a thought anyway.

Back