Question Controls Disappeared

Gerira

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello, I'm new here. I hope this is in the right section. I managed to get one thing working, I return to the main form to add some changes and there's nothing. Just a blank form with a theme attached to it. I've been looking through the designer file and nothing seems odd. All the controls are still there, but not visible, wtf really :S I haven't changed anything on the main form in days...

I tried reopending it, re-saving it, rebuilded and recompiled it about 50 times, even restarted my PC. Nothing... :S

This is how it looks

jX6EO.jpg
cYdt1.png

UG6k1.jpg

Start by opening the Document Outline window and selecting control from there. It may be that the z-order is such that all your controls are hidden or it may be that the controls have been shifted out of the visible are of the form.

Thanks for the help, I managed to fix it by using Ctrl+A to select all controls, then I cut them out and pasted again. Fixed the problem. Anyways, I learned that it's best to keep regular backups.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, I had to edit the button and timer events, but it took me like 5-10 minutes, just copy-pasting the old code.

There should be no need to copy and paste anything. Select a control, open the Properties window, click the Events button and then you can select an existing handler for an event from the corresponding drop-down or create a new handler by double-clicking.

Yeah, I know that, but when I double click on a copied control, the event looks something like this:

Button1_Click_1

But it's fixed now, it's not really an issue as I afraid it would be. Took me five minutes to fix everything.

You don't doubleclick the control to generate a new event handler in such situation, you just assign the existing event handler like jmcilhinney explained.

Yeah, I know that, but when I double click on a copied control, the event looks something like this:

Button1_Click_1

But it's fixed now, it's not really an issue as I afraid it would be. Took me five minutes to fix everything.

If you know that then why did you double-click? Why didn't you select the existing event handler from the drop-down? I'd say that you didn't know that and you didn't read my previous post properly either.

Back