Context Menu Strip Issue

icemanind

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi all. I'm having I problem with something that I think is a bug and I'm hoping someone has a workaround.

I have a Windows Form application and I created a user control. This user control has a ContextMenuStrip assigned to it (so when I right click on the control, it pops up a menu). I then add my user control to my main form and everything works fine.

The issue though, is when I dock my user control to the bottom of my form and I right click on my control, the menu pops up about 3 or 4 inches above where my mouse pointer actually is. The issue only seems to happen when I dock my user control. Anyone have any suggestions to get around this odd behavior?

It is not a bug, the behaviour is by design so the menu will still fully display when there is limited space. Ever tried context menu on system tray icons? The same can be seen for a maximized form context menu if you challenge the right-bottom borders. You can use ContextMenuStrip.SourceControl property to find which control the menu relates to.

Back