Question Context Menu help needed =D

Terzaghi

Programming Experience
Beginner
i have a context menu for my program... items are added to it during runtime using ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add("blahblah")

how do I program the items of the context menu when clicked? i've always created menu items beforehand and by double clicking on it, it generates a sub like
VB.NET:
Private Sub MenuItem1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MenuItem1.Click

End Sub

but for this project, its not possible to tell how many items there will be. :D help pl0x? thanks guys!

First up, is there a particular reason that you're using a ContextMenu in .NET 3.5 rather than a ContextMenuStrip? If you're using a ContextMenu then you have one option: specify the method to handle the Click event when you create it, e.g.
VB.NET:
myContextMenu.MenuItems.Add("Item Text", AddressOf ItemClickEventHandler)
where ItemClickEventHandler is the method you wrote to handle the item's Click event. In that event handler, just like every event handler, you get a reference to the object that raised the event from the 'sender' parameter.

If you're using a ContextMenuStrip then you can do the same thing, or you can handle the ItemClicked event of the menu. The e.ClickedItem property gives you the item that was clicked.

Back