Context Menu Check Box will not stay open

ImDaFrEaK

Programming Experience
5-10
Hey guys, I hope this isn't a stupid question. I have a context menu on my NotifyIcon and for easier use I added four check box options. Basically, I want the user to check the options they want then hit the search. However, each time the item is clicked to check it the menu closes and it has to be re-opened to then search or check another box. This is annoying. Am I missing something simple? I can't find a way to make it stay open. I even tried to enable the double click option and it still closes after the first click. Still, I knew that wasn't the right answer. How can I add check boxes to my menu list and have them checked without it closing?

Many Great Solutions :)

We have seen many great solutions and I am still recieving request for examples. I have put together a small project with hopefully clear and detailed comments on what's happening. As this thread has proved, there are quite a few ways to accomplish this and we all code different so pick and pull what you want out of this example. I hope it just makes a good aid for anyone needing the help.

NOTE: You will need Visual Studio 2005 to view the solution.

Attachments

• Keep the ContextMenu Open.zip
    93.8 KB · Views: 39
Back