Question ConnectionString for a Remote Sql Server

FluidOne

Programming Experience
3-5
Im trying to connect to the Sql Server from another PC on the same network using ADO.net.
This is the ConnectionString and error:

Dim CnnStr1 As String = "Data Source=192.168.1.118;Initial Catalog=MySample;Integrated Security=True"
'Error Login Failed for user 'KAY_NET\Guest'

Below are the server and Client setting. Any help would be graetly appreciated, thanks.

Remote Server Settings:
Computer Name :KAY_NET
Sql Instance ID :MSSQL.1
IP Address :192.168.1.118

**Surface Area Config for services and Connections**
--DataBase Engine--
Startup Type :Automatic
Service Status :Running
Server Name :SQLEXPRESS
Remote Conn :(Local and Remote)+(TCP/IP and Named Pipes) Enabled

--SQL Server Browser--
Service Name :SQLBrowser
Startup Type :Automatic
Service Status :Running

**Surface Area Config for features**
All feature disabled

**SQL Server Config Manager**
Network Config :protocols (Shared Memory,TCP/IP,Named Pipes) Enabled :VIA,=Disabled
Client Config :Client Protocols(Shared Memory,TCP/IP,Named Pipes) Enabled :VIA=Disabled
Aliases :No Items Listed

**Firewall Exception**
sqlserver.exe
sqlbrowser.exe
TCP port 1444
UDP port 1434

You're using Intragted Security so that means that the currently logged in Windows user must have a corresponding Login in SQL Server with the appropriate permissions. In your case, 'KAY_NET\Guest' does not.

Thanks jmcilhinney

But as yon can imagine im rather new to this and would appreciate a bit of direction in establishing the proper sqlserver login permissions in accord with a logged in window user. I will be only allowing connection to the sql server through a fixed TCP/IP port as a final result. But at this point I really need to understand my isssue of making the initial connection.

Thanks again, for your help.

Back