Connecting to Acess DB

Jerome Brown

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,
I am developing my first web application and I am using Acess on the backend. When I was trying to access the dataset, I received the following error.

Server Error in '/WebApplication1' Application.

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\bin\jointdb.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\bin\jointdb.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Thanks in advance.[/font]

i get that error if i have the DB opened in Access as i'm haveing VB access the DB, all ya gotta do in that case is close MS-Access and windows unlocks the DB for VB

It's not that it's open, it's that the ASP.Net user doesn't have permission to open it. Right Click on you DB and goto permissions and add the asp.net user.

TPM

I right clicked on my Access 2000 databases and does not give that as option.

Can check box "hidden" "read" or "archive" archive is checked on mine

when you right click yoou should get a menu with:properties (click on it)
then goto the securrity tab and click on Add - add the asp user and set the permissions.

security tab adjustment

I have Access 2000 and there is no security tab or any other tabs to click on??

I am right clicking on the database file icon itself, correct?

Back