Compilation Error

oanuava

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey!

I'm a newbie to .NET and hope someone can help me. I have written two files

aisle7.aspx.vb and aisle7.aspx.

When I try and view the page http://www.servername/aisle7.aspx I get the following error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: ASPNET: Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class (e.g. Page or UserControl).

I've spoken to the suppliers technical side who say that the code withing the .vb page is exactly how it should be but I cannot get the page to work.

The start of the aisle7.aspx.vb file reads

<%@PageLanguage="VB"AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="aisle7.aspx.vb" Inherits="aisle7.aspx"%>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Net"%>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO"%>

<script runat="server">
''' <summary>
''' Name of the query string parameter that contains the resource path
''' to push through to the API.
''' </summary>
Private Const RESOURCE_PATH_PARAM_NAME As String = "resource"

''' <summary>
''' Use this as the default home page if no resource is specified in the query string
''' </summary>
Private Const DEFAULT_RESOURCE_PATH As String = "/assets/landing-page/standard-supplements/~default"

The aisle7.aspx page reads

<%@ Page Language="VB" Inherits="AspDotNetStorefront.aisle7" CodeFile="aisle7.aspx.vb" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="aspdnsf" TagName="XmlPackage" Src="XmlPackageControl.ascx" %>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<aspdnsf:XmlPackage ID="Package1" PackageName="page.aisle7.xml.config" runat="server"
EnforceDisclaimer="true" EnforcePassword="true" EnforceSubscription="True" AllowSEPropogation="True" />
<asp:Literal ID="feedContent" runat="server"></asp:Literal>

</body>
</html>

Any idea where I am going wrong?
:eek::mad:

Back