Question Compilation error after hosted the website in IIS 6.0

deivanai

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,
When I run the application which is written in VB.net from IDE,it is working fine.But when I host the same website in IIS 6.0 I am getting the follwoing Compiler error

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30519: Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Add' can be called without a narrowing conversion: 'Public Function Add(name As String, dbType As System.Data.DbType, value As String) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'dbType' narrows from 'System.TypeCode' to 'System.Data.DbType'. 'Public Function Add(name As String, dbType As System.Data.DbType, value As String) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'value' narrows from 'Integer' to 'String'. 'Public Function Add(name As String, type As System.TypeCode, value As String) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'value' narrows from 'Integer' to 'String'.

Source Error:

Line 63:
Line 64: AccessDB.SelectCommandType = SqlDataSourceCommandType.Text
Line 65: AccessDB.SelectParameters.Add("parID", TypeCode.String, 1)
Line 66: 'create a dataview and put the info in
Line 67: dv = CType(AccessDB

CAn anyone help me to resolve this issue

You are not passing the expected argument types to Add. It only has two overloads with three parameters and, in both cases, the third parameter is type String. Pass a String where a String is expected, not an Integer.

Back