Question commenting code in custom functions

ExEdzy

Programming Experience
3-5
hey guys

So im making dll file (well not actually dll files but, just classes.. but that dosn't change the problem..)

So i want to comment my functions, so i know how to add the description --> just adding 3x '''

but now i have problem with adding now line in the comments..

i read everything in This url, but how can i make it in new line, so that every <list> item is displayed in new line, like this:

VB.NET:
some main description<new line here>
Function returns: <new line here>
value 1 <new line here>
value 2 <tow lines here>

some other info

Hey guys.

Hope you can help me..
My problem is this, that i write custom classes (for speeding up my coding, by simpleing funnctions for me) and when i write description i run in to a problem with getting the text in new line, for example, when i use the class:

xrbbvsb188biw9r4t6r0.png

Code:

VB.NET:
Public Class Class1

''' <summary>
    ''' Some description:
    ''' item 1
    ''' item 2
    ''' item 3
    ''' </summary>
    ''' <returns></returns>
    ''' <remarks></remarks>
    Public Shared Function aaa()
        Return False
    End Function
End Class

What do i need to add after item 1, item 2 and item 3 to show them each in new line, not the way it shows in picture above (in one line) :(

P.S. Sorry i posted in wrong section the other day.. my bad :(

The <summary> is supposed to be a short description of the method's purpose. What you're talking about should be done in the <remarks> section, which will be formatted in HTML-based documentation.

sorry, but i dont understand..
What i wanted is to format the function description (image in 1st post) so user, who uses my class, can easy understand what the function is for. And i need to format it that it shows up (LIKE IN IMAGE ABOVE) with new lines for items... cos the <remark> dosnt shows up, when i use the function..

May be im spelling out my problem incorrectly..

It's not possible. The tool tip displayed in the IDE will only display a single line, which is what the <summary> is supposed to be. It's called <summary> for a reason: it's supposed to summarise. If the user needs details then they should read your full documentation, which will include the <remarks> and everything else.

Back