Com Interop DLL cannot be found by VB.NET DLL

Kaysetoaster

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi Gurus

I wrote a "Active X" UserControl DLL in VB.NET and placed it on a iis 6 webserver. I embeded it with the object tag and the communication to functions and propertys in the vb.net control works great.

As A reference I added the COM component UIRESOURCELib.dll in the Visual Studio 2005. When the DLL starts the functions from the UIRESOURCELib, i get the following error in the IE7

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.UIRESOURCELib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Interop.UIRESOURCELib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at SoftwareCorner.Data.loadData()
at SoftwareCorner.myControl.myControl_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ActiveXImpl.System.Wi ndows.Forms.IWindowTarget.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The Application shall be executed on the client. UIRESOURCELib supports functions to connect to a System Management Server and get packages that are deployed to the users pc.

the Interop.UIRESOURCELib.dll is in the same folder on the webserver as my DLL. My DLL is loaded into the GAC on the users PC but the Interop.UIRESOURCELib.dll does not show up there.

Please help Have you got any idea what could cause the problem or what i can do to make my DLL recognize the UIRESOURCELib=?

Best Regards,

Kaysetoaster

Back