developer_mahmoud

Programming Experience
1-3
hi
ihave 2 things and ineed 2 things wat i have are:
1-asearsh result gridview1 with 3 columns
2-another form with 3 textboxes
wat i need are:
double click at any cell on the gridview and getting the result of that clicked row into the other form at its 3 textboxes that i can acces the data on those textbox
thnkx alot for ur help

This is the ADO.NET forum and you're asking questions relating to UI. You've posted in the wrong forum. You say "gridview". Is this an ASP.NET, i.e. web, application?

hi
ithinl the datagridview related to the web and the windows application also and we can handle that with ado.net and the code will be in ado.net so i think my post is in the right forum

So, you're actually using a DataGridView and not a GridView? Please be clear as they are two different things. The GridView is an ASP.NET server control while the DataGridView is a Windows Forms control. Obviously, an solution for one will be irrelevant for the other.

Also, neither have anything to do with ADO.NET. A grid is for displaying tabular data and receiving input from the user. Where the data came from is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the grid. It doesn't even have to have come from a database. You may use ADO.NET to retrieve data to display in a grid, but that doesn't make them directly related. What if you retrieved the data for your grid using a WCF service? Would you post a question about the grid in the WCF forum? Of course not, so you don't post it in the ADO.NET forum either. How you retrieve the data has nothing to do with how you display the data.

Back