Chose three rows from database for comparation

topsykretts

Programming Experience
Beginner
Here I am again my friends. Here is a code which simply send value from first cell of selected row into 1 of 3 textboxes.
VB.NET:
        If RadioButton1.Checked Then
            TextBox1.Text = Me.DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells(0).Value
        ElseIf RadioButton2.Checked Then
            TextBox2.Text = Me.DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells(0).Value 
        ElseIf RadioButton3.Checked Then
            TextBox3.Text = Me.DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells(0).Value
        End If

Using value from textbox I need to locate same row and get a value from the same row but other column. I used filter on BindingSource as solution.

VB.NET:
'FC-First Column from database
'SC-SecondCell

Dim SC as String

Table1BindingSource.Filter = "FC LIKE '%" & TextBox1.Text & "%'"
        SC = Me.DataGridView1.SelectedRows(0).Cells(1).Value
        TextBox4.Text = SC
Table1BindingSource.Filter = "FC LIKE '%" & TextBox2.Text & "%'"
        TextBox5.Text = SC
Table1BindingSource.Filter = "FC LIKE '%" & TextBox3.Text & "%'"
        TextBox6.Text = SC

Now values are stored and I will do something with them after, but I need to refresh datagridview because last operation of search filter is saved on screen.
This 3 chosen rows are actually 3 different kind of material and I need to compare their properties and continue with calculation.

Probably there is another way to chose 3 materials(from database),save them and after in future to call their properties. If you have some advice, they are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

jmcilhinney

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
There's no need to filter a BindingSource. If you're using a BindingSource then you simply get the selected record from its Current property as a DataRowView and get all the field values from that. You don't touch the grid at all. The whole point of using a BindingSource is that it is the one and only source for all things related to the bound data.

topsykretts

Programming Experience
Beginner
There's no need to filter a BindingSource. If you're using a BindingSource then you simply get the selected record from its Current property as a DataRowView and get all the field values from that. You don't touch the grid at all. The whole point of using a BindingSource is that it is the one and only source for all things related to the bound data.

How to get selected record as DataRowView?

Top Bottom