change master page labels from content page

manared

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm using vb.net 2008 and I've created a web application with master and content pages. In the master page i have a header that has some labels in it. These labels will show an item count and a total amount. These numbers will come from a sql database. These labels basically are showing what people have in their "shopping cart." In my content page, I have a grid that shows what people have in their cart, the quantity, some other information about certain products, and an update button. This grid is always in edit mode, so the quantity can be changed and when the update button is clicked, it changes the database. I also want it to change the "shopping cart" (the labels in the master page). How do I do this? I've looked around a little bit and all I've seen so far is that I have to do this in the page load event. But, my grid is in an ajax panel right now, so the page does Not reload every time the update button is clicked. I want to keep it that way so the page does not flicker. (I don't have to have the ajax panel though, could be ajax manager or some other means.) Once the update button is clicked i somehow/somewhere have to go to the database, grab all the quantities of items and the corresponding amounts and then add them up. These are the numbers I want to put into the shopping cart (labels on master) Can someone please help me to change the labels in the master page with the calculations i did in the content page? Please let me know if any other info/code is needed. Thanks!

Back