CF Deployment to basic CE3

David Nelson

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am a novice programmer so please bear with me.

I am having a .NET app developed for a device that is running a modified version of CE3 that cannot be updated.

Here is what I know:
Running the NCFSetup.exe tells me no version of CF is compatible with my device.
I still try to install netcf.core.ppc3.arm.cab and get an ok message.
When I try to install my .net app, I get message saying the CF needs to be installed. When I still try to run the app, nothing happens.

At this point, the obvious answer would be not possible, but here is the perplexing part:
I have solved this problem once before with a different .NET app on this very device about a year ago. Unfortunately that information is now lost and I am starting from scratch and I just can't find the solution again. I know I was able to install some version of the framework and then install the app without the missing CF message and then the app ran. I know I did not just imagine this because I have an output data file from created by the app. I know it was not a figment of my imagination.

The only thing I keep coming back to is that I installed some kind of extended version of the compact framework.

Has anybody heard of anything close to this?

Back