Question Capture excel selection

gw73

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi
I've searched for an answer for this question and can't find what I need. I can do this is excel vba but not .net. I would like to pop up an input box have the user select a column or columns, capture and save the range coordinates. But so far haven't had any success. Any suggestions or code snippets would be helpful, I could use an alternative method if that works better. I only get to work on problems in the winter so I seem to forget everything I learned in the past. I'm using vbexpress 2010 on a windows xp machine with office 2007.

Thanks

Hi
I've searched for an answer for this question and can't find what I need. I can do this is excel vba but not .net. I would like to pop up an input box have the user select a column or columns, capture and save the range coordinates. But so far haven't had any success. Any suggestions or code snippets would be helpful, I could use an alternative method if that works better. I only get to work on problems in the winter so I seem to forget everything I learned in the past. I'm using vbexpress 2010 on a windows xp machine with office 2007.

Thanks

Ok, after a little sleep and some more searching I figured it out. If anyone is interested this is the line of code that worked.
cord = xlWorkSheet.Application.InputBox(message, title, Type:=8)

gw73

Back