Cannot place control on user control

pilsdumps

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi all,

I've created a user control that acts as a header for my forms onto which I can drop heading labels etc. This uses a custompanel control that inherits from panel and allows you to add curved corners, color gradients etc. I've used this in the past without any problem.

I want to use my header user control on forms, then drop a label, picture box etc onto it. The problem I'm having is that in designer I get the 'no drop' symbol and cannot add the label, button or whatever onto the user control. I've tried changing the modifiers to public to see if it relates to this, but so far no joy.

Can anyone suggest how I might accomplish this?

Thanks

Either post the source code or upload the project in a zip file (no compiled files, delete the Bin and obj folders before zipping) so we can possibly help you figure out what the problem is.

Zip file attached

Hi,

Thanks for taking an interest. I'm using 2008 express.

I want to be able to drop controls from the toolbox on the uc_user control. I've looked into this further, and can do it programmatically, although being able to use the designer would be greatly beneficial in terms of development time.

Thanks

Attachments

• WindowsApplication1.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 25
Well after fiddling with your project a little I've come to realize that I don't know how to do this.

But I did find this article: Hosting Windows Forms Designers
It's in C# but at the bottom they provide a vb example as well. Basically in VS 2003 he made a mini form designer, which works in VS 2008 once converted too.

Back