Question Calling exe

anil2pee

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi
I am new to VB.
I am trying to call an exe using process.start("path") command. it is working fine. after execution new form is comming which contains 1 combobox and two buttons. i want to select an item from combobox and then click the button.

Can anyone suggest me how to perform this. Do i need to get the object properties. if Yes then please tell how to get these object properties.

Thanks in advance

Anil

Well to be frank anil2pee, your question is not very clear to me, can you tell me in more clear terms what form of execution you want on your program after selecting an item from the comboBox and then clicking the button?
Then i can see if i could be of help

Thanks for your reply. to be more clear:
I am calling an exe by process.start("path") command. it open a new form for that exe. this form contains a combobox in which some scripts are listed. i want to select one script from that combobox and than want to click the execute button available on form.
for selecting the script from combo box i want to read the title of that string from that combobox.

i just want to click that execute button to complete my process.

Thanks in advance

Anil

Ah, you are talking about controlling another program!
I wonder if this is malicious or not. Nonetheless, I just replied on another thread earlier with someone with the same question.

Look into OLE Automation.

Back