Question Calling an exe from a dll

Nmjshaw

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi

Can you call an exe from a dll? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks

Nigel

What EXACTLY do you mean by "call an exe"? Are you saying that you want to run an application from your current code or that you want to call a method on an object created in the current application? Please be specific.

What EXACTLY do you mean by "call an exe"? Are you saying that you want to run an application from your current code or that you want to call a method on an object created in the current application? Please be specific.

hi

this is a backup if I cannot get my application to convert to a dll. Inventor loads dll's so my back up would be-

create small dll that loads with inventor and creates the ribbon objects etc
call the exe that works from the dll to display the application form

i have all of the code, just needed to know if I could run an exe from a dll when a button is pressed
im not calling any specific code from the exe. When it runs, a form opens and that's what I would need. The form interacts with inventor. The dll creates the ribbon button and the ribbon button would start the exe to expose the form

thanks

nigel :)

Code is code. Whether it's in an application or a library isn't really relevant. If you want to execute a file, i.e. the equivalent to double-clicking it in Windows Explorer, then call Process.Start.

Back