Build Output Path [Please Help]

thejeraldo

Programming Experience
1-3
guys please help me.. here is my situation:

i have a button on my toolstrip and it has an image on it. first it was looking fine and without any problems. then all of a sudden when i debug the proj the image is not shown but the other buttons that have an image are OK. i even tried putting the image of that button on my proj resources but still no good. i dont understand whats happening. also... the Release Files are not being updated. is this normal? only the Debug Files are updated. so when i ran Release/myproj.exe the app that is showing is the app that was built like an hour ago. But when i ran Debug/myproj.exe its the one that has the current changes and ofcourse has the problem with the images on the buttons.

VS can be configured in two different ways. VB Express is configured by default such that if you run the project in the IDE it builds a Debug version and if you use the Build menu it will build a Release version. VS can be configured like that too but I'm not actually sure how. Every time I've installed VS you have to select the build configuration and then any build option will build that version.

As for your image issue, I'd try deleting button and adding a new one.

i had no luck on deleting and adding a new button. although when i made a new project with same controls and image (did not copy from the other proj) the problem never occured. thanks.

Back