Bug/Stupidity in the VS2005 IDE.. anyone know whats going on in this vid?

cjard

Programming Experience
10+
Occasionally, my IDE goes stupid, and I cant really explain what it's doing, other than it seems to go nuts and try to AutoFormat my code every second

I took a movie of it being stupid. You need to bear in mind that at no time do I press the brackets key. I'm using ONLY the D G V and R keys

Restarting the PC used to work, but this time round it's not helping. When I go to shut the machine down, i see several messages saying something like:
"vsjitvbdebugger.exe - the application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down - they appear at the rate of one per second or so, until the machine/vs shuts down.

Also, C# doesnt exhibit this behaviour, only VBN

Attachments

• screencap.zip
    72 KB · Views: 27
It looks as there is other unresolved errors while this is occuring (like the initial "Name 'a' is not declared."). I'm not exactly sure what is going on in that vid, but I've seen many cases of the intellisense stops working properly until previous errors are sorted.

I resolved all the errors, rebuilt the project and the behaviour still existed..

Its exactly like what you get if you:

Type something like hello
Then cursor away from that line

Hello -> Hello()

Hello World -> Hello(World)

Only thing was, I wasnt cursoring away from the line; once per second, it would behave like I had. Very annoying.

I actually renamed the form, from frmSearch, to SearchForm, and the strange behaviour has stopped.

Back