Beginner needs Experts Advices!!!

dotnetdeveloper13

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi

My name is Harbinder Singh and I am from Punjab(INDIA).I have few problems.Let me tell you what are they all about.I did BCA and then MCA with Hons. Then I started my own business. But now after 4 years I want to shift from business to job. I always have fear of Programming.I always consider it something extraordinary thing which I can never do. But now I have decided to face the music. I have my friends working in big companies like HCL, Infosys etc. I always dream of working in these companies and ofcourse earning big bucks.So I need your help now.I have following issues for which I need your advice.

1. Shifting from One platform/Language to Other : I always try and after few days I give up. Always I do like that. I have knowledge of C,C++ Concepts. I started web designing and left that. I started php and then left that. I dont know why I cant go all out at a particular language. But this time I decided to go in with proper prepration.What should I do to stick with particular language?
2. Is it a Good Choice : My friends told me that there are 2 things in demand. First is .net and other is Java. They told as Java is a bit hard to learn at first. I should go with .net.Is this a good choice. They ask for my interest.
3.From where to Start?: I dont know from where to start and how to proceed. The best thing that I thought is this that I should ask the experts here to advice me.So do help me by telling the good sites from where I can get good in depth knowledge of .net. Where to find tutorials? Which are the best books available for beginners? Any online books avaialable?

I will post regularly hare. So bear me friends.

Take Care

Harbinder Singh

Hi

1. Shifting from One platform/Language to Other : I always try and after few days I give up. Always I do like that. I have knowledge of C,C++ Concepts. I started web designing and left that. I started php and then left that. I dont know why I cant go all out at a particular language. But this time I decided to go in with proper prepration.What should I do to stick with particular language?
Find one that you like.. ?

For me, at least, it's like a woman.. I like them slim, clean and consistent (like C#).. But I can cope with a few extra pounds (VB) if my manager needs. If she plays headgames and says no when she means yes, or lets you think what you thought you were thinking she was thinking but you were wrong, she's frighteningly quick at everything but hard work and takes a long time to warm up to have fun with.. then she's C++

2. Is it a Good Choice : My friends told me that there are 2 things in demand. First is .net and other is Java. They told as Java is a bit hard to learn at first. I should go with .net.Is this a good choice. They ask for my interest.

I learned java first, then C, then VB, then C#, then VB.net, but now, when I look at them.. i dont even see the code.. all i see is blonde.. brunette..

In seriousness, there isnt that much difference between any of the .NET syntaxes, and .NET isnt so different from java; they are all related anyways

3.From where to Start?: I dont know from where to start and how to proceed. The best thing that I thought is this that I should ask the experts here to advice me.So do help me by telling the good sites from where I can get good in depth knowledge of .net. Where to find tutorials? Which are the best books available for beginners? Any online books avaialable?

Er.. Start by finding something about it that you love.. For me, Iloved computers, scripting.. 7 year hobby on loveable machines like the COmmodore amiga. Then I went to university and lost all love for these boring boxes. Now, I love the people, crazy and annoying as they may be with their utterly bonkers questions..

I dont play games or even have a compuer at home any more.. I flew a kite today. I decorated yesterday. I tinker with old jap sports cars.. I dont get so much of computers that I hate them any more than I do already. I should teach.

I would, if i was a nicer person :D

Back