Automatically Scrolling a Datagridview

hughveal

Programming Experience
1-3
I am filling a DataGridview from a 360 iteration "for" loop full of data. I have the vertical scroll bar turned on, but I need to scroll through the list of information within the datagridview automatically. I am just not sure how to accomplish this.

Your question is a bit vague so I can only guess at exactly what you want. As such, my suggestions would be to either set the CurrentCell property to scroll that cell's row into view, or else set the FirstDisplayedScrollingRowIndex to control where in the data the grid is scrolled to.

I apologize for the vagueness of my question. To be more specific, here is what I am trying to accomplish. I am reading in a Loan Amount, Interest rate and a term of a loan through inputboxes. Using a for loop, I am filling a Datagridview with the following information: Payment #, Amount towards Principle from Payment, Amount towards Interest from the Payment, and the Balance after this payment has been credited. In total there are 360 rows of information for this particular loan. I need to scroll these 360 rows to an arbitrary number, pause the scrolling, and then scroll again, pause, and scroll again. I hope that is specific enough, but I can add more detail if needed.

Back