[ask]vb+crystal report

HSoft

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello
I have a problem with vb.net 2003 and crystal report viewer component after I re install windows and all program including visual studio and crystal report designer 9.
The problem is in client machine.

Im making program with vb.net2003 and I design report from crystal report designer 9. Then the report is viewed with crystal report viewer component in .net .
This problem was not there before I reinstall my development machine(Im just suspecting this is the cause of the problem).
The problem is when I tried to load the report(when I executed the program in client machine), the program issued this error message "load crpe32.dll failed" and the report was not loaded.
I have traced it , and the message appear after the reportsource property in crystal report viewer being assigned.
for example :
VB.NET:
Dim crpv As New CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer
[b]crpv.ReportSource=ReportPath[/b]
but when I installed cr9redist in client pc, the error was gone, and when I removed the cr9redist, the problem is back.
I have tried to put the crpe32.dll file in system32 folder, but the problem still there.

FYI :
I made an installer for the client , and I have already included 4 merge modules for crystal report to be functioned , they are :
Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm, Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm,
Crystal_Manages2003.msm, dan Crystal_regwiz2003.msm

and It was ok before, without installing redist on client machine

anyone know why, and please give me the solution

many thanks

Last edited:
Back