Question Arbitrary Loader Lock (its not Itunes)

ljf118

Programming Experience
10+
I am currently developing a VB .Net Winforms application in VS 2005 and have Crystal Reports 9.2.3 (Let's not go to why, its a long story). Anyway after installing the app with the crystal report 2.0 dlls I have been getting LoaderLock errors at arbitrary times. Certainly when compiling but more often as not they just randomly pop up on this machine. The actual full error message is:

DLL 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\CrystalDecisions.CrystalR eports.Engine\9.2.3300.0__692fbea5521e1304\Crystal Decisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll' is attempting managed execution inside OS Loader lock. Do not attempt to run managed code inside a DllMain or image initialization function since doing so can cause the application to hang.

There are some broken links to information on the loaderlock error on the business objects web site (Can't blame them, how long do you have to support version 9?)

Although it would be nice to keep Archives available somewhere for old
versions.

So, can anyone help? All of our Crystal Reports are upgrades so to uninstall means first reinstalling 7, then 8 then 9 and then applying patches.

Unfortuantely from the info I have found it doesn't look like it is possible to run Crystal Reports 9.2 on VS 2005. Different Framework versions.

ljf118: I have deleted your other duplicate post and I have provided an answer below.

Definately works

Hi,

We have apps in VS2000, VS2003 and VS2005 on several of our machines and they live very happily with Crystal 9.2. As long as you have Version 1 and 2 of the framework on the same machine.

Back