Application not seeing Database after setup.msi created

Jefferson

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Guys,

I know this is problably a stupid question, but i just don't know anymore!!!
I have created a Windows Application with .Net and used a Access Database to save the information that the users have typed in.
The connection was created via the server tools and is
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew.ECB\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\PayrollCapture - Hollard\PayrollCapture.mdb;Mode=ReadWrite|Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False"

Know i have managed to let the setup install both .netframework and Mdac 2.8, but for the life od me the application will not reference the database, which is installed into the same directory as the application c:\program files\ECB\app.exe & DB???

As i said, its something stupid, by my brain is tapped out???

Rgds
Jefferson

Database

Hi,

I have changed the database path to the install directory in the application, but that does not work?

Need idea's please.
Jefferson

Back