Application Error 0xc0000135

jsurpless

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi

I just installed an application I developed via VS 2005 Express... fresh windows installation of XP Pro... as I understand it, this error means that I'm missing the VB.NET 2.0 framework? How can I be sure to include this in my installer?

Many thanks!

Make sure that .Net is checked in Prerequisites for your ClickOnce or Setup Project deployment.

Excellent, thanks... BTW, I'm not actually using the 'Setup' function of VS Express... I'm using a freeware program called 'Advanced Installer' to package the contents of the 'Debug' directory... that should be fine, no?

It lists 'predefined launch conditions' - one of which is the minimum version of .NET required... have you ever used this program?

Actually, been looking around... turns out the FreeWare version can't do a lot of things... one of which is to install the required .NET framework...

So... in order to use the /publish from VS - I distribute that entire directory?

So I'm trying to install my application via the Setup program in the /publish directory (I copied this to another PC)... I launch it and it successfully detects that I need .NET 3.5 (which it tries to d/l) but then nothing seems to happen once I get 'Microsoft Windows' window that says 'please wait while setup configures... this may take a few minutes'

No apparent disk activity... any thoughts?

Last edited:
OK... forgive me for all my questions, but I'm just having some issues with this (clearly, right?)...

I believe I managed to get the VS setup in /publish to work but I can't seem to locate the files it installs? The 'shortcut' in the Start Menu is an 'application reference' - where does it point to?

I'm not sure how much I'm liking the default publishing functionality... any recommendations for freeware?

Latest posts

Back