Question Application as an Image

MannyDMorales

Programming Experience
10+
Hello everyone,

What I am trying to accomplish is create an application (console i think) that once executed with the proper parameters it will return the image. So think of it like this, you open a JPG image in any photo application, it knows its a JPG image.

Background of the concept. I am a developer for a k12 software company. We are integrating 2 programs together, 1 scans pages the other processes them. Program 1 stores the images (JPG,PNG,TIF, etc) in a MSSQL database, program 2 can open images using a PictureBox control. I HAVE NO ACCESS TO THE SOURCE OF EITHER PROGRAM SO I CANNOT CHANGE THEM (i wish i did tho). Now since program 1 stores the images in the database using column 0 as id and column 1 as BLOB, program 2 stores it its database path to image. So what I need to do is store in program 2's database in path to image the following "image.exe /id:1000005148" so it can "view" the scanned image to the user. I hope this is not to complicated to understand, I can clarify anything is someone has a question. my program (image.exe) as far as getting the image from the database is pretty straight forward, but I'm not to sure on how to make the program respond as a JPG or as a TIFF. Would Return [image data here] work?

Back