Anyone know of a good "Toast" Notification Control?

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
I'm looking for a good "Toast" notification popup window like you see in Outlook 2003, Messenger, etc. that is compatible with .NET 2.0 and Maximized MDI forms. I know of several as part of other packages but I don't want a 2 MB assembly just to add a toast popup window to my apps.

Thanks!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you might want to give it a look. I tried it in an MDI application and it seemed to work fine maximized, but if it doesn't for you then maybe you can modify the source.

Also, there's some posts in the messages about how to display stacking popups.

It's in VB.NET, but I'm sure it can be converted to C# if you need it.

http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/PopupNotifier.asp

Hope this helps,
Cavar

I like this one the best so far, going to go with this unless I find a show stopper!

0_o Neal's using a C# popup lib! Heretic! :D

Nice find, neal.. If you have any comments like "It works as well as it looks" then I'll definitely grab a copy for use in my next app.. I wonder if I can turn the windows into "sprites" and have them collide/interact when present in multiples...

Let us know how your experiences go with the lib. Be critical! ;)

They have a VB.NET version, shame on you! :)

Actually, there seems to be a problem with all of these implementations when triggered from a maximized MDI form. Odd!

How does the issue manifest? I dont think it will affect the next project, but future ones, it may..

if you can wait about a week you can have my toast control..its is a clone of the office2003 - outlook notify, with full customisable options, events and other stuff!

PM me if you are interested

Yeah, I'm interested. Try testing your Toast control when you have a MDI parent maximized. That's what I'm seeing as a problem area with the others. Not sure what's going on, the animation is choppy and all!

They have a VB.NET version, shame on you! :)

Not that it would make a huge difference.. I was recently much amused by my success in adding a C# project to a VB.NET solution, and debug stepping back and forth between the two seamlessly - quite sure you'd have been able to cope if the only offering was a C# one :D

Back