Antivurus & VS 2005, which do you use?

ministreak

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi all.
I'm a VS 2003 developer. I just installed fresh copy of Win XP PRO and am getting ready to install VS 2003, VS 2005, .NET 1.1, .NET 2.0, IIS, FrontPage 2003, Zone Alarm Pro 6.5, and Microsoft Expression Web

I am getting away from Norton AV because of system lags...

I have been thinking seriously about buying the "ESET NOD32" AV software as I have read some (lots) of great reviews on it.

But I have not read anything about the compatible with the above-mentioned applications.

Just wondering what the majority of the developers on here use or can suggest about their experiences and/or settings with their choice of antivirus software and firewalls.

Thanks

TrendMicro products have always been a good friend of mine. Just so everyone knows i am not going to let this thread tun into an advertisment board for Anti-Virus software. Feel free to reply to this thread, just no shameless plugging please.:)

Thanks for your reply vis781, and your opinion.

You can do as you wish with this thread, makes no difference to me. If users are not allow to speak freely on their opinions then I will simply go to another one of the thousands of other .NET forums that only a click away.

You are free to come and go as you please. This is an open forum. People are free to express their opinions on this thread and others within reasonable bounds. Welcome to the forums.

i use mcafee 10 (11 would work too) and avg free 7.5

for a firewall i use sygate personal firewall

I use my brain. Once a year, I run TrendMicro Housecall over my PC to see if my brain is still working. I've had one virus in 9 years of PC use, discovered in my deleted items folder, as an attachment to an email I'd never opened.

Antivirus is a cleanup tool for people who dont know how to stop their computer getting a virus in the first place.. Running a virus scan, in human terms I guess it's going to the clinic for some drugs instead of using Protection.. ;)

I'll probably never own a firewall; I dont feel i need one of those either, though I concede that the average user does

(I really like having a PC that boots from cold to desktop in 23 seconds)

Back