Question [Answered] Execute Master Page before

Gibou

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,

I've a master page (MainPage.master) and some content pages.
In my MainPage.master.vb, I've some security verfications like access, connection, rights management, etc.

And some others verifications in the contentPage.aspx.vb
But I realized that the master page code-behind is executed after the content page one so, if in some contexts, it works, it is not always true and it causes a security failure.

Is there a way to execute my master page code-behind first (I doubt of it) or do you have a better architecture to advise ?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
ok, indeed, it gives me a lot of enlightments about authentications, rights management, etc.

however, can somebody explains me why the master page is executed after the content pages ? It seems so weird to me. It's not logic at all to me but, because I'm a noob in .net technologies (used to work with C, C++ and PHP), I'm sure that a good reason exists.

Thank you :)

that was exactly what I was looking for since a few days !
Days? Then I think I should tell you how I found this help page, since it only took me 5 seconds from I read your post. I opened help index, typed "master pages", in index I can then immediately see there is a subtopic called "events", voila! Lucky first hit perhaps, but using help you would probably got around to it in less than days.

Back