always redirects into login.aspx ?

anyarrow

Programming Experience
Beginner
First of all I would like to apologize for the lack of my english language.
Then I want to make sure everyone else here that I'm totally new to vb.net neither have good ability in vb.
Yesterday is my first time to see vb.net language via vs 2005.
My basic is php, and theres alot of difference between php n vb.net (maybe its just only me with my lazziness in reading n studying :D )
Well lets get to the main business shall we, as far as I know there are 2 type of file that we can make : project n website. Well I'm in for the website, a friend of mine give me a folder full of file, one of it named web.config etc etc n several folder such as "template" etc. So for now I wanna know is what is web.config file? And when I tried to open one of the file using web browser and type the address for example : "localhost:90" (I used port 90 for my local web) it will redirect into login.aspx . But when I try to manipulate by typing such as : "localhost:90/"other file"(example : user_menu.aspx) It kept redirected to login.aspx
And then I've tried to copy the user_menu.aspx to other directory, but when tried to access it :"localhost/user_menu.aspx" it went :

=========================================================
Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /user_menu.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
========================================================

And until now I dont know the solution or the answer to that thing (put aside the lazy me :D)
Because in php eventhough the related file that needed is missing, it still shows some of the object that unrelated to other files...
Maybe someone have time to xplain the basic of vb.net that related to my problem...maybe it will bring enlighment to my brain...tq...

By default, ASP.NET forms authentication is configured to work with a page named "Login.aspx", more about that here, try renaming it? :)

Back