Allows users to see edits before being posted to SQL server

dougancil

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have a form in an application that I'm building that allows users to edit the data from a datagridview. I have two buttons, submit changes and cancel. What I'd like to do is when the user presses the submit changes, that it first shows them the edits that they've made, then asks them if they're sure before they are allowed to proceed.

Here is my code for the form:
VB.NET:
Public Class Form4

Private Sub Form4_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'MDRDataSet1.Exceptions' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.ExceptionsTableAdapter.Fill(Me.MDRDataSet1.Exceptions)

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        Me.Close()
    End Sub
End Class

Can anyone offer me either a link to a tutorial on how to do this or some sample code?

Thank you

Doug

John,

Thank you. So how then would I post those results back to a user, say in a datagridview or some way, to show them the changes and ask them to confirm?

Thanks

Doug

The function returns a DataTable, which you can for example use as DataSource for a DataGridView.

Back