Question Advice on an ActiveX EXE conversion

minky

Programming Experience
10+
Hi,

Could anyone give me some advice? I am currently converting some old VB6 applications (ActiveX EXE's) to VB.NET. A present a VB6 server app can trigger off many instances of the old VB6 ActiveX EXE (which all run in there own memory space).

The problem I am having when I convert them to .NET is that this old VB6 ActiveX has MANY public variables and when converted to .NET each new instance shares the public variables with all other instances (I hope that makes sense!). I am looking for a way to isolate the public variables of the converted vb.net project so that other instances won't share them. I have tried using AppDomain to load each new instance into it's own "space", but it still seems to share the public variables.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any advice? I know it's not the best method, but there is literally 140,000 lines of code and it's not feasible to change it all to proper classes and pass the variables in as objects.

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick!!

Hello!!! Nobody knows? I am new user in the forum, but need urgent help for this too. But I can not use interops.
If possible please answer when to read it..

[],s.

Back