adding Direct X reference

Luc

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey, i searched the forums for an answer to my problem but i couldnt find it. I installed directX 9.0 SDK + update and added a key in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\AssemblyFolders\DirectXassemblies

I also added in the default area the location of all the direct X dll's. I start my VB.net and i still cant import microsoft.directx. Anny help pls.
ps: i use everything in dutch language, could that have to do annything with it?

thx luc

Normally at the top you write imports microsoft.directx or so but i dont have the direct x in the list.

Import is different from adding a Reference. Adding a reference is necessary if you want to use that particular namespace. An import statement is only a type of shorthand, eliminating the need to fully qualify a namespace. To add a reference, in the solution explorer right click the References node and select 'Add Reference...'. Then either select a component from the list or use the Browse button to locate the library on your harddrive. Adding a reference enables you to Import the namespace.

Back