Question Add to combobox from file

jdvanvuuren

Programming Experience
1-3
How can we add a list to a combo box from a txt or excel file when entering an account number. the details must only be displayed for each defferent acount information. for example. account no 3332 must show a name and telephone number in to seperate comboboxes. although it must contain lets say 4 telephone numbers and 4 names that are located in a text document.

I wouldnt keep reading from the file which is what I think your implying. Instead I would suggest reading your file into a DataSet/DataTable and then when the user enters an account number you can filter the DataTable to show the proper record(s).

Data

See lets say his. Each Client gets a folder, each folder gets a text file with reg no, name exetra exetra. lets say we put a combobox, a button and a textfield. now i type account no into that text field right so lest say the number is 1234, when i click that button, it must locate the folder with that no and then retrieve lets say a test document.txt where there are 6 registration numbers inserted. now i want to..... when i click okay it must retrieve that 6 numbers located in the text file into a combobox where i will then select 1 of them to add a value to my form.

Back