activation problem

slimjen1

Programming Experience
1-3
I downloaded VB.Net 2005 express to see what it was alike. I also installed a trial version of Visual Studio.net 2003 to create a project for school. It requires activation. When I try to activate it gives ma an error "a communication error has occurred. You cant activate this again. Try to activate by telephone, but the activate by phone button is disabled. I can't use this product without activation. Please help.:(

VS.net 2003 pro/academic and higher are required to be activated and if it's not letting him activate it then his only option is to use the vs2005 express edition

i have vs2003 academic (academic is equivalent to pro, but anything made with the academic version can't be sold legally) and i have to activate mine
and yes all versions of vs.net have the product key that has to be typed in, the product key is on the back of the case

that's weird vs2003 standard doesnt require activation, just the product key

but academic and professional requires both product key and activation, i though enterprise edition would require activation too

if it doesnt require activation, could ya send me an ISO copy of the cd's (or dvd) ? :p

Back