Accurate Printing in .Net

ayozzhero

Programming Experience
1-3
I am trying to print "Hello World" on an A4 paper. I need it to be 1 inch from both top and left side of the A4 paper (e.g: x=100, y=100). I manages to do that on my printer.

The problem is, on another printer (different brands mostly) there is a few milimiters difference, which is not physically 1 inch from the left and/or 1 inch from the top of the A4 paper. I think this is due to differences in printer margins.

Is there a way to fix this problem? or at least if I can detect the printer's margin (printable area), I can try to figure out the calculation...

Thanks for helping.

how are you printing this?

based on this "(e.g: x=100, y=100)" i'm assuming you're using the printdocument object and specifing the exact locations of everything that needs to be printed

unfortunatly with this method there isnt a way (to my knowledge) to guarantee that it'll be printed in that exact spot on all printers and each printer has their own margins and may be off slightly from the next printer

Yes.. thanks for your fast reply.

I am using the printdocument object. I do not know if there is any other way for that. I would be glad if you can show me the way.

Thanks...

Back