sandy16

Programming Experience
3-5
I have an excel and I am transferring the excel tables to access database.It has lots of calculated fields so i am creating queries in access.i want to know if i connect this database to webpage will the access perform or run those queries on its own behind the scene? As My front end data needs to display the result of calculated fields as well.

Because in ms access i have to click run in order to execute the queries.Is there any way to get it done with the help of Vb.net or visual basic?

If you just query the table directly then no, the additional queries will not be executed. What may be your best bet is to write a single query in Access that retrieves data directly from the table and also performs additional calculations to generate additional results and then you can execute that query from your VB code. You would create an OleDbCommand as normal, set its CommandText property to the name of the query and set its CommandType property to StoredProcedure. If you want to know more, search for information on executing stored procedures with ADO.NET.

I am new to both access and .net..it ll be helpful if u can provide me links for the same..

If you just query the table directly then no, the additional queries will not be executed. What may be your best bet is to write a single query in Access that retrieves data directly from the table and also performs additional calculations to generate additional results and then you can execute that query from your VB code. You would create an OleDbCommand as normal, set its CommandText property to the name of the query and set its CommandType property to StoredProcedure. If you want to know more, search for information on executing stored procedures with ADO.NET.

Are you also new to search engines? Look first and ask questions later. If you can't find what you need then we can help but we're not here so that you don't have to try.

I could find anything thats why i am asking.

I was waiting for reply like i have to use Asp.net web application to connect to ms access to make the webpage but i dint get the clear answer from this forum.

Thanks

You already said that you want to display a web page so I assumed that it was obvious that you had to use a web application. Data access in VB.NET applications is the same regardless of the type of application though. ADO.NET is ADO.NET, whether it's used in a Windows Forms app, a WPF app, a Web Forms app, an MVC app or something else. You create the type of project appropriate for what you want to do and then you write data access code in it. You were asking about the data access so I'm not going to assume that I have to explain the basics of creating web applications. We have to assume some level of knowledge. This is the Access forum so I'm answering an Access-related question. There are other forums for questions about web applications.

Back