access db hyperlink field in a gridview

redgar

Programming Experience
3-5
I've been stumped on how to create a hyperlink in my web form for a while now without turning my grid field data into a hyperlink itself.

I have an access database that contains a hyperlink column yet they don't seem to retain the links in my gridview. What is the easiest way for this column to forward to the linked web pages without just losing the data and having to turn the cell into simply a url. At this point I'm feeling at a loss regardless of many days spent working on it.

Is this something I would need another addon program to do or does asp actually facilitate this type of "bond" with hyperlinks in access databases?

I thought I would add that the original data came from an excel spreadsheet and I also attempted to link the spreadsheet to the datagridview using the extended properties/excel 8.0 in my connectionstring but to no avail. Even then the links in the spreadsheet didnt show up on my datagridview. =( If there is a way to get the links to remain using a spreadsheet as my datasource that would be even better.

Help great appreciated.

Last edited:
Back